As well as the above exam safety measures, we conduct a full room sanitisation and restrict access to the space to avoid human contamination between exam sittings. We maintain a risk assessment and monitor it daily to ensure compliance with government advice and regulation.
Our exam safety information for Covid-19
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, there will be continuous ongoing updates regarding the policies, procedures and running of any examinations. Please use this page to note all exam safety information that is relevant to candidates regarding procedures following COVID-19.
What should I note before arriving for my examination?
- Have I had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
- Has anyone in my household displayed the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- High temperature (above 37.5 degrees celsius)?
- Shortness of breath?
- New continuous dry cough?
- Three coughing episodes 24 hours before your examination?
- Loss of taste or smell?
- An unexpected rash?
- Has anyone in my household been on holiday within the last 14 days? (Particularly considering any travel abroad.)
- Am I or a household member awaiting COVID-19 test results?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you must contact our Examination Officer immediately on 01740 655437.
What should I bring to support exam safety requirements?
Do not bring any extra baggage when arriving at the examination centre (e.g. coats, bags, etc.) You must simply bring any items required for the examination.
Additionally, candidates should bring an unopened disposable face mask or clear visor. This must be worn at all times, to facilitate exam safety, upon entering the building unless otherwise specified by an invigilator or staff member.
Are there any changes to the examinations?
Please call our centre on 01740 655437 or contact the awarding body for any updates on changes to the our exam safety procedures.
However, it is important to note the following exam safety information:
- When entering the examination centre, you will be requested to use a hand sanitiser pod to sanitise your hands thoroughly.
- You will also be advised to scan the exam centre’s designated QR code displayed inside the building. You should use the NHS Test and Trace app for this, which you should download before coming to the exam centre.
- Our staff will perform a screening with each candidate and check each candidate’s temperature before registering the candidate. This check is mandatory. If you do not agree to these procedures you will not be granted access to the building.
- During the registration process and entering the examination room, please note and follow the 2-metre distance ruling where possible in line with our COVID-19 signage and instructions.
- The two metre rule applies in the exam room, too, and all desks are two metres apart AND each desk is fully protected by 2 metre-high transparent shields.
What will happen about exam safety in the event of a local or nationwide lockdown?
In the event of a local or nation-wide lockdown, it is important that all candidates remain calm and await contact regarding any measurements or guidelines which may be in place from the relevant awarding body and JCQ.
Please be aware that it may take JCQ and awarding bodies time to release any updates in this event. Enter CIC will contact candidates, via email, as soon as advice and information is available, so we would ask you to be patient during this time.
If you are still unsure about things, contact us on our Enquiry Form.
Other Covid 19 information is available :