A perfect ‘catch-up’ opportunity for any students whose education has been impacted by Covid-19.
An Inspector Calls is a play, so where better to understand it than in a working theatre?
The course is perfect for GCSE students studying in state schools or independent schools, home schoolers or private candidates who seek to improve their grades in English Literature.
Step into our immersive, theatrical discovery environment and bring ‘An Inspector Calls’ to life! The course has been designed specifically for GCSE English Literature students. You will learn by doing!
Work practically to develop a comprehensive understanding of the play and blast through exam terminology with ease.
Work with a real exam centre in a working theatre to get your hands on stage, lights, props, costume, text analysis, writer’s techniques, language exploration, context & themes, character profiles, syllabus and exam paper exploration.
As an experienced and approved exam centre, we know that many students make simple mistakes which have a huge impact on their overall grade in English Literature. This is why we have developed this unique course, providing students with an opportunity to work with our creative and academic exam centre staff in a fun and immersive ‘An Inspector Calls’ experience.
You will be learning by doing!
– From the moment you step through our door, you will be fully immersed in the world of J.B. Priestley’s ‘An Inspector Calls’.
– Step onto a physical stage set and work with our inspiring and knowledgeable staff to practically explore the play.
– Blast through characters, language, themes, context, form, structure and a range of literary devices.
– Explore how J.B. Priestley used the conventions of a play, including lights, set design, costume, stage directions and dramatic conventions to impact the audience/reader.
Increase your confidence. Understand what gets higher grades.
– Access sample papers, their questions and answers.
– Explore exam questions and exam language.
– Learn how to structure a good answer.
– Know what to avoid.
This course puts you at the heart of the exploration and breathes life into the set text. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to become an inspector and step into the wolrd of Priestly.
An Inspector Calls is a one-day course which runs from 10.00am to 5.30pm. You can book either Saturday 23rd October or Sunday 24th October, 2021.
Cost for the one day course is: £45.
Places are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.